In this Nov. 9, 2019, file photo, Alabama coach Nick Saban reacts during the first half of the team’s NCAA college football game against LSU in Tuscaloosa. (AP Photo/Vasha Hunt, File)
- Alabama and Notre Dame meet up in the first of two CFP Semifinals on New Year’s Day at the Rose Bowl
- The Tide are a whopping near 20-point favorite ahead of kickoff from JerryWorld in Arlington
- See live updates as the odds swing throughout the Rose Bowl right here
No. 1 Alabama and No. 4 Notre Dame are set to do battle in the Rose Bowl from Arlington, Texas on New Year’s Day. Kickoff is set for 4:00 PM at AT&T Stadium.
Neither program is dealing with any COVID-19 related issues entering this playoff showdown, but Alabama will be missing a key player on its offensive line.
The Tide are still heavy 19-point favorites ahead of kickoff. We’ll be providing live odds and game updates on this page throughout the Rose Bowl.
Alabama vs Notre Dame Live Odds
|#4 Notre Dame Fighting Irish||+24 (-110)||OFF||O 52 (-107)|
|#1 Alabama Crimson Tide||-24 (-117)||OFF||U 52 (-120)|
- [5:44pm EST] Alabama takes a 21-7 lead over Notre Dame into halftime. Heisman favorite DeVonta Smith is having another huge game with two touchdowns and 100-plus receiving yards. The Tide are 24-point favorites and the moneyline is off the board. Alabama gets the ball to begin the second half
- [5:17pm EST] Alabama quickly responds to Notre Dame’s first score of the night. Mac Jones finds DeVonta Smith with a quick slant pass for a 34-yard touchdown. Smith took a hard fall and was slow to get up, but appears to be alright. Alabama leads 21-7 and are 27.5-point favorites with 8:49 remaining in the first half
- [5:11pm EST] The Irish cap off a 15-play, 75-yard drive with a Kyren Williams three-yard run into the endzone. The Irish are on the board and trail Alabama 14-7. The Tide are 21.5-point favorites early in the second quarter
- [5:00pm EST] The Tide lead the Irish 14-0 at the end of the first quarter. DeVonta Smith’s 26-yard catch-and-run and Mac Jones’ 12-yard TD pass to Jahleel Billingsley were the two scoring plays. Alabama is a 28.5-point favorite heading into the second quarter
- [4:45pm EST] Mac Jones finds a wide-open Jahleel Billingsley in the left corner of the endzone for a 12-yard touchdown. The Tide take a 14-0 lead and are favored by 28.5 points with 4:19 remaining in the first quarter
- [4:29pm EST] DeVonta Smith catches a screen pass from Mac Jones and runs the ball 26 yards for an Alabama touchdown. The Tide take an early 7-0 lead and are 24-point favorites with 10:14 remaining in the first quarter
- [3:50pm EST] With kickoff just moments away, the Crimson Tide close as 18-point favorites
Brady is a passionate hockey fan and sports writer with over five years experience specializing in digital media, plus a degree in Broadcast Journalism. His work has been published by outlets such as ESPN, CBS Sports, Yahoo! Sports and Fox Sports.