Cage Warriors 121 goes down on Friday, March 19th, 2021 where Agy Sardari and Donovan Desmae go head-to-head in the main event.
- Cage Warriors lightweight and bantamweight titles are on the line
- The promotion holds three events in three days in London, England
- See the odds, picks, and betting preview for the Cage Warriors 121 main card
Cage Warriors is back for another three events in three days at York Hall in London, England. In the second of three events on Friday, March 19, the lightweight and bantamweight titles are up for grabs in the main and co-main event of Cage Warriors 121.
In the main event of the card, lightweight champion Agy Sardari looks for his first title defense as he battles Donovan Desmae. The co-main event sees bantamweight champion, Jack Cartwright take on Sylwester Miller.
Cage Warriors 121 main card airs live on UFC Fight Pass at 5 PM EST. The table below shows odds for the main card followed by best bets.
Cage Warriors 121 Odds
All odds as of March 16
Does Sardari Get a Shot at UFC With a Win?
Agy Sardari is on a seven-fight winning streak and made good of his Cage Warriors debut as he scored a split decision win over Jack Grant to become the new lightweight champ. Donovan Desmae, meanwhile, has picked up two straight wins after losing to Mason Jones who went on to win the Cage Warriors lightweight and welterweight titles.
Sardari & Desmae Recent Fights
|Jack Grant, win by split decision (title fight)||Fight 1||Tim Barnett, win by submission|
|Amien Kuliev, win by TKO||Fight 2||Alexander Jacobsen, win by TKO|
|Ruslan Abrekov, win by submission||Fight 3||Mason Jones, loss by decision|
|Yutaka Saito, win by majority decision||Fight 4||Shamil Uvaysov, win by TKO|
Both Agy Sardari and Donovan Desmae are very well experienced, and with a win, both could very well sign with the UFC or Bellator.
Sardari is a very elite striker but also has a good ground game, while Desmae does have knockout power, he also has an underrated ground game. However, I do expect Sardari to try and take this fight to the mat and control Desmae, which is easier said than done.
2020 UEFA Champions League Odds Tracker
Sardari is no doubt the better well-rounded fighter and I do have some question marks surrounding Desmae’s striking defense. Expect the champion to use his jab to piece up Desmae. Once he does that, I think he will shoot for a takedown, but I think the challenger’s takedown defense will be good enough to keep it standing.
Ultimately, both Sardari and Desmae are tough to finish, and I expect this fight to go the distance, with Sardari winning a close decision by mixing in his striking and grappling.
Pick: Agy Sardari (-230)
Other Cage Warriors 121 Picks:
- Jack Cartwright (-340): Cartwright is a legit prospect and should be able to take Miller down and get the stoppage win and likely be UFC bound.
- James Webb (-270): James Webb came close to being the middleweight champ but fought to a draw and lost by TKO. The trilogy with Fredrick will happen after Webb gets the win here likely by decision as he will control the fight on the ground.
- Ian Garry (-250): Although Akman has UFC experience, going 0-2 in the promotion, Garry is the real deal and will be able to take Akman down and control the fight and win a decision.
- Jack Grant (-240): Grant probably should’ve been rematching Sardari in the main event, but against Fleminas, he should be able to get it to the mat and submit the Latvian.
Cole graduated from Sheridan College in April of 2019 with a diploma in journalism. He now is a full-time freelance writer, focusing on MMA for sites like BJPENN and MMA News, while also covering the Toronto Blue Jays as a credentialed media member. At SBD, Cole covers the four major sports and MMA.