In this Saturday, Dec. 28, 2019 file photo, Ohio State head coach Ryan Day during the first half of the Fiesta Bowl NCAA college football game against Clemson in Glendale, Ariz. (AP Photo/Rick Scuteri, File)
- Clemson and Ohio State meet up in the second CFP Semifinal on New Year’s Day at the Sugar Bowl
- The Tigers are favored by a touchdown ahead of kickoff from New Orleans
- See live updates as the odds swing throughout the Sugar Bowl right here
Clemson and Ohio State are set to faceoff in the Sugar Bowl at Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans on New Year’s Day. Kickoff is set for 8:00 PM EST.
Clemson will be operating at near full strength for the game, while the Buckeyes are dealing with some COVID-19 concerns.
The Tigers are listed as 7-point favorites ahead of kickoff. See below for live odds and game updates throughout the Sugar Bowl.
Clemson vs Ohio State Live Odds
|#3 Ohio State Buckeyes||-20.5 (-130)||OFF||O 83.5 (-186)|
|#2 Clemson Tigers||+20.5 (-117)||OFF||U 83.5 (+138)|
- [11:55pm EST] Trevor Lawrence is picked off with 1:30 remaining. The Buckeyes lead 49-28. Ohio State is going to upset Clemson in the Sugar Bowl and will face Alabama in the National Championship
- [11:38pm EST] Ohio State’s defense comes up with a key stop in the fourth quarter. The Buckeyes get the ball back with 7:43 remaining in the game. They lead 49-28 and are favored by almost three scores
- [11:23 pm EST] Clemson keeps hope alive with a huge TD on a 3rd-and-16 situation. Lawrence throws a 26-yard TD pass to his favorite target tonight, Cornell Powell. The Buckeyes are favored by 17.5 points in the final quarter. The total is up to 90
- [11:12pm EST] Justin Fields throws his sixth TD pass of the game, connecting with Jameson Williams for a 45-yard strike. The Buckeyes are in full control and lead 49-21. They’re now a 21-point favorite early in the fourth quarter
- [11:05pm EST] At the end of the third quarter, Ohio State leads Clemson 42-21. Trevor Lawrence had a costly fumble in the third quarter, but the Tigers held the Buckeyes to a three-and-out following the turnover. Ohio State is favored by 14.5 points.
- [10:44pm EST] Ohio State stretches its lead once again. Justin Fields showcases his arm strength by making a 56-yard TD throw to Chris Olave. Buckeyes back to being near two-touchdown favorites late in the third quarter
- [10:33pm EST] Clemson cuts into Ohio State’s lead midway through the third quarter. Trevor Lawrence throws a 10-yard touchdown pass to Cornell Powell. The Buckeyes now lead 35-21 and are favored by only a touchdown
- [9:57pm EST] Ohio State leads Clemson 35-14 at halftime. Justin Fields continues to take snaps for the Buckeyes, but it’s clear he’s battling through a rib injury. Ohio State is a 13.5-point favorite and the total is sitting at 83.5. The Buckeyes will receive the ball at the start of the second half
- [9:55pm EST] Justin Fields connects with his tight end Jeremy Ruckert once again in the dying seconds of the second quarter. Ohio State now leads by three scores and is favored by 14 points
- [9:33pm EST] Immediately after taking the big hit, Fields connects with Chris Olave for a 9-yard touchdown. Ohio State stretches its lead to 28-14 late in the first half. The bad news is Fields was seen limping off the field and grimacing in pain
- [9:29pm EST] Justin Fields takes a huge hit from Clemson linebacker James Skalski with 5:53 left in the first half. Fields was down for almost a minute before getting up on his own power. Skalski was ejected for targeting for a second consecutive CFP game. A massive loss on defense for Clemson, and Ohio State is now favored by a touchdown
- [9:19pm EST] Clemson star running back Travis Etienne is dealing with cramping, per the ESPN broadcast. The Buckeyes are listed as the favorite with 10 minutes remaining in the first half
- [9:11pm EST] Justin Fields finds his tight end Jeremy Ruckert for a 17-yard touchdown completion. The Buckeyes take their first lead of the game and are now -103 favorites on the moneyline. The Tigers are listed at -124. The game is virtually being listed as a pick’em
- [9:02pm EST] Clemson and Ohio State are tied 14-14 at the end of the first quarter. Both offenses look dangerous early. The Tigers are favored by four points entering the second quarter
- [8:58pm EST] A high-tempo back-and-forth first quarter continues. Justin Fields fires an eight-yard touchdown pass to Luke Farrell to tie the game. Clemson is now favored by under a touchdown (-6.5) for the first time. The total has also climbed over 80 in the final two minutes of the first quarter
- [8:52pm EST] Travis Etienne finds the endzone and the Tigers are back on top. Clemson is a 10.5-point favorite with just over five minutes left in the opening quarter
- [8:44pm EST] Trey Sermon picks up right where he left off in the Big 10 Championship. The Oklahoma transfer runs the ball 32 yards into the endzone to even things up. Clemson is back to being a 7-point favorite with 7:59 left in the first quarter
- [8:25pm EST] Clemson scores on the opening drive to take an early 7-0 lead. Trevor Lawrence rushes the ball two yards into the endzone. Clemson is now favored by 12 points
- [8:00pm EST] With kickoff just moments away, the Tigers close as 7-point favorites
Brady is a passionate hockey fan and sports writer with over five years experience specializing in digital media, plus a degree in Broadcast Journalism. His work has been published by outlets such as ESPN, CBS Sports, Yahoo! Sports and Fox Sports.