Victor Reyna battles Louis Cosce in the main event of Dana White’s Contender Series Week 3.
- Dana White’s Contender Series is back for Week 3 on August 18th
- Last week’s episode saw five UFC contracts be handed out, how many will there be this week?
- See the odds and betting preview for Week 3 within the story below
Dana White’s Contender Series has become must-see TV for MMA fans. Normally stretching from July to August, it was pushed back this year from August to October due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The show has produced the likes of Ryan Spann, Geoff Neal, Dan Ige, and Maycee Barber among countless others.
In the main event of Week 3, Victor Reyna takes on Louis Cosce at welterweight. The card airs live at 8 pm EST on ESPN+ and TSN in Canada.
DWCS Week 3 Odds
|Fighter||Odds at FanDuel|
All odds taken August 17
Will Cosce Remain Undefeated?
Victor Reyna (11-4) is returning to the Contender Series after losing to Miguel Baeza by decision last year. Since the loss, he picked up a win over Nick Gay in Combate Americas. Reyna is also the only person to defeat Daniel Rodriguez who is looking to go 3-0 in the UFC this Saturday. At 34-years-old, it is also do-or-die for Reyna to make it to the UFC and make a run up the welterweight rankings.
2020 UEFA Champions League Odds Tracker
Louis Cosce (6-0) has won all six of his fights by stoppage and his last fight was in Combate Americas. He has no notable wins but does have all his wins coming by first-round stoppage including an eight-second knockout in 2019.
The winner of this fight should absolutely get a UFC contract and I believe the second time is the charm for Victor Reyna.
Although Cosce is undefeated, he has not been fighting the level of competition Reyna has. His opponent’s combined record is 34-61 so it is hard to tell just how good he is. But, a good thing about Cosce is the fact he is finishing all his fights in the first round as these are fights he should win.
I believe Cosce will come out looking for the first-round knockout with Reyna being smart enough to avoid the power shots. If he does that, he should be able to tire Cosce out and eventually piece him up on the feet en route to a TKO win and a UFC contract.
At -110 I think there is a ton of value on Victory Reyna as I believe he should be around a -175 favorite.
Pick: Victor Reyna (-110)
Reyna vs Cosce Key Stats
Other DWCS Week 3 Picks:
- Cheyanne Buys (-290): Both Buys and Rose are solid on the ground. On the feet, I believe Buys will be able to outwork Rose for a decision win but not a UFC contract.
- Matt Dixon (-300): Dixon is someone I thought should already be in the UFC. Orion, like his brother Louis, has not fought a high-level of competition. I expect Dixon to get a TKO/KO win and a UFC contract.
- Josh Parisian (-170): Parisian has already won on the Contender Series but was forced to fight on The Ultimate Fighter. This time, he should get the knockout win and a UFC deal.
- Kevin Syler (-210): Both Syler and Cross could very well be in the UFC. I believe Syler gets this fight down to the ground and submits Cross to remain undefeated and earn a UFC contract.
Cole graduated from Sheridan College in April of 2019 with a diploma in journalism. He now is a full-time freelance writer, focusing on MMA for sites like BJPENN and MMA News, while also covering the Toronto Blue Jays as a credentialed media member. At SBD, Cole covers the four major sports and MMA.