Devin Haney and Yuriorkis Gamboa wage war for the WBC lightweight world title this weekend.
- Devin Haney vs Yuriorkis Gamboa goes Saturday, November 7th, 2020 at 8 PM EST
- Who will leave the ring hoisting the WBC lightweight world title?
- Check out the fight odds, analysis, and predictions below
Devin Haney and Yuriorkis Gamboa are set to sling leather inside Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Florida. Haney vs Gamboa will broadcast on DAZN over what is a stacked Saturday for boxing action.
The WBC lightweight world championship is up for grabs here with Haney and Gamboa in the roles of champion and contender, respectively.
Devin Haney vs Yuriorkis Gamboa Odds
Odds taken Nov. 5
Devin Haney Looks to Retain Again
Devin Haney is looking to make the sophomore defense of his belt after successfully defending it for the first time against Alfredo Santiago in November 2019.
Devin 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝘿𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙈 Haney 💫
One of the most exciting young talents in boxing returns to action this Saturday, November 7th. 🥊 pic.twitter.com/mMlztwqP8w
— DAZN Boxing (@DAZNBoxing) November 2, 2020
Relatively shortly after that win, Haney underwent shoulder surgery. This will be a telling fight in terms of seeing what his form looks like in his return, post-surgery.
He takes on a two-time world champion in Gamboa, a great litmus test for Haney. How he performs will offer a lot of insight into his future matchmaking options in the lightweight ranks.
2021 Stanley Cup Odds Tracker
Yuriorkis Gamboa Eyes Redemptive Title Shot
Gamboa is a dangerous, experienced fighter, but he seems to be encroaching into the waning stages of his career. His last outing saw him get halted in the final frame against Gervonta Davis in a vacant WBA lightweight world title fight in December 2019.
Yuriorkis Gamboa has fallen short two times in becoming a two-weight world champion, but he’s hoping that third time’s the charm this weekend.
The winner of this bout could very well position themselves opposite names like the aforementioned, Gervonta Davis and Teofimo Lopez who presently hold the most significant lightweight world titles.
Teofimo Lopez with plenty of trash talk for “two-time email world champion” Devin Haney at his press conference after dethroning Vasyl Lomachenko…
[🎥 @TRBoxing] pic.twitter.com/OpFJB0qNgQ
— Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) October 18, 2020
These 135 pounders are separated by 16 years. The 22-year-old Haney looks to notch the name of a veteran opponent onto his record.
Gamboa has a finely honed, cerebral skillset reflected in his wealth of amateur experience that led him to capture the gold medal in 2004 from the Olympics.
Haney vs Gamboa Tale of the Tape
|Mason Menard, Xolisani Ndongeni, Zaur Abdullaev||Significant Wins||Darleys Perez, Jorge Solis, Jonathan Victor Barros|
This one is scheduled for twelve rounds, and I ultimately see this one going the distance.
I think Devin Haney will start to lead the dance in the middle rounds and will run away with a lopsided decision.
Pick: Devin Haney (-2500)
Main Card Picks for Haney vs Gamboa
- Reshat Mati vs Marcos Mojica: Mati has three straight stoppage victories, and I think he extends it to four this weekend. I see Reshat Mati securing the stoppage between the second and fourth rounds. Pick: Reshat Mati (-5000)
- Zhilei Zhang vs Devin Vargas: Considering the prior track records of both, I see Zhang securing the stoppage victory between the third and sixth round. Pick: Zhilei Zhang (-2100)
- Filip Hrgovic vs Rydell Booker: Hrgovic has nine stoppages in eleven wins, but Booker is a savvy veteran who has faced names like James Toney, Jermaine Franklin, Kubrat Pulev, etc. In Bookers’ three pro defeats, he has never been finished. I think that will change this weekend, and I foresee Hrgovic getting the finish inside of five rounds. Pick: Filip Hrgovic (-10000)
A part-time writer and full-time broadcaster, Dylan has hosted MMA talk shows Lights Out and Pure Fight Radio with featured guests like Jens Pulver, Roy Nelson, Miesha Tate, and covered some of the biggest MMA promotions like Rumble in the Cage, Unified MMA, and King of the Cage.