USA Softball pitcher Cat Osterman pitches in an exhibition softball game against USSSA Pride in Oklahoma City, Okla., in this Friday, June 4, 2021, file photo. U.S. coach Ken Eriksen predicts tight competition in softball as the sport returns to the Olympics for the first time since 2008. The 15-woman U.S. roster includes 38-year-old left-hander Cat Osterman, the last holdover from the 2004 gold medal-winning team, and 35-year-old left-hander Monica Abbott, who joined Osterman on the 2008 team. (AP Photo/Sue Ogrocki, File)
- New customers at DraftKings can turn $1 into $100 if Team USA wins a single medal at the Tokyo Olympics
- The offer is open until August 8th, 2021
- Below, see the full terms, conditions, and rules
DraftKings has crafted a new promotional offer to attract first-time customers. The latest promo from the sportsbook allows new users to win $100 on a $1 bet if Team USA wins a single medal, in any event, at the Tokyo Olympics.
This doesn’t need to be a discussion. Oddsmakers project the US will win 112.5 medals. Just for fun, I’ll look at some of the virtual guarantees to make this promo a winner. But first, the terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
DraftKings Olympics Promo Terms and Conditions
The offer is subject to the following stipulations:
- The offer is only open to first-time depositors.
- The offer is open from July 19th until 11:59 pm ET on August 8th, 2021.
- Customers must make a minimum $5 deposit to qualify.
- After depositing, customers must make a bet of at least $1 on any Olympic event.
- If Team USA wins a medal in any event – not just the one the customer wagered on – the customer will be awarded $100 in free bets after their original wager is settled.
- The customer’s original wager does not need to win in order to win the $100 bonus.
- The bonus will be given out as four $25 free bets.
- The free bets must be used within seven days of being awarded. If customers do not use the free bets within seven days, they will be voided (i.e. they will disappear from customers’ accounts).
- Wagers made with free bets do not return the original stake (i.e. if a customer uses a $25 free bet to wager on Team USA women’s basketball to win gold at -1100, the return would only be $2.27.
- The offer excludes live bets, parlays, bets that are cashed out, and bets that get cancelled.
- The offer is only open to residents of Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
Claim Olympics Promo at DraftKings
Best Bets for a Medal
Arguably the surest of sure-things when it comes to medalling is Team USA softball. While they are only -200 to win gold (the women’s basketball team is -1100), they are only competing against five other countries. That means literally half of the teams in the tournament will win a medal. So Team USA only needs to finish higher than Mexico (+4000 to win gold), Australia (+6000), and Italy (+10000) to be assured a medal.
The women’s basketball team is, of course, a near-certainty to win a medal. In the last Olympics, they won their eight games by an average of 37.25 PPG. In the hard-fought gold-medal game against Spain, they led by 17 at halftime and won by 29 (101-72).
Despite their struggles in exhibition games – losing to both Australia and Nigeria – the men’s basketball team remains a -320 gold-medal favorite, led by Kevin Durant, Damian Lillard, and a host of other perennial All-Stars … plus Javale McGee.
The women’s soccer team is only a +120 gold-medal favorite. But that’s because the tournament has already started and they were absolutely stunned 3-0 by Sweden in their opening game. It was their first loss in over two years.
Olympic Field Hockey – Men’s Odds, Picks, and Schedule
Sascha was a hockey player in his youth, a lawyer in his capricious mid-20s, and has now been an assigning editor, writer, and lead oddsmaker for SBD for over five years. He covers everything you can possibly put odds on, but specializes in football, baseball, hockey, and basketball.